SBISD educators are participating in a GT Book Study by blog on A Love for Learning: Motivation and the Gifted Child by Carol Strip Whitney, Ph.D. with Gretchen Hirsch.
The first and final sessions are face-to-face meetings. After hosting a couple of these, we've found an initial face-to-face is highly beneficial in helping participants get acclimated to a blog environment. The middle 2 sessions are by blog. For every session, questions will be posted on this blog.
- Participants are to respond to all posted questions by commenting on them.
- Participants are to comment on at least 2 other people's responses for each session.
- Make sure you claim your responses! Don't post anonymously because you can't get credit that way!
- For this to be a rich professional development experience, you need to check the blog periodically. What have others said about your comments? What are your thoughts on theirs? Read comments and respond to them!
- Session 1 (f2f) responses done during the session on September 29, Chapters 1 – 2
- Session 2 responses due by October 20, Chapters 3 – 6
- Session 3 responses due by November 10, Chapters 7 – 11
- Session 4 (f2f) responses due before the December 1 meeting, Chapters 12 – 15
Not an educator in SBISD? Grab a copy of the book and join our discussion!